Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
Job: Landscape Team Lead, Best Friends Animal Society, Kanab, UT
Landscape Team Lead
Kanab, UT 84741 United States
Yes- great benefits.
Are you an experienced team lead with landscaping experience? Bring your horticulture skills to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. It's a place unlike any other, set on thousands of gorgeous acres in the red rock canyon country of Utah. You are guaranteed to fall in love with the land that you and your team are charged with maintaining!
Position Summary: The Team Lead of the Landscape Department is responsible for prioritizing and leading the daily/ weekly/ seasonal tasks to maintain and enhance both the landscaped and natural areas of the Sanctuary. The Team Lead is also responsible for assisting the Landscape Manager in delegating and coordinating the work of the department and ensuring it is completed in an efficient and high-quality manner.
1. Responsible for directing the team on the day-to-day basis to provide daily care of the Sanctuary landscape
2.Actively observe the work being performed by the team members and assist the Landscape Manager in the ongoing performance review process
3. Ensure team members are delivering excellent grounds maintenance and plant care
4. Participate in leadership and staff meetings to organize, prioritize and inform
5. Schedule, prioritize and delegate landscape department functions including: mowing, weeding and pruning
6. Retrieve and assign customer work orders from the Help Desk system
7. Respond to all landscape related inquiries in a timely manner
8. Assist the Landscape Manager in purchasing and effectively managing the department's budget and resources
9. Teach new team members best practices for plant care, weed removal, chemical application, equipment operation and tool maintenance
10. Oversee transplanting of plant material and irrigation system installation/ repair
11. Responsible for the safe operation of the landscape tractor and ensuring its proper maintenance
12. Oversee in cooperation with the Landscape Manager the enforcement of safe work practices and ensure team compliance
13. Assist the Landscape Manager with the planning, budgeting and installation of newly landscaped areas
14. Monitor all plants while working and report any changes and/ or concerns
15. Responsible for routine maintenance and upkeep of all tools and equipment
16. Collaborate in the care of nursery and greenhouse plants
17. Water plants using a hose and/or watering can as needed
18. Perform weed removal from public lawns, garden and rock beds, walkways, parking lots, animal areas and natural landscaped areas using power equipment, tools and hand removal
19. Perform mowing and edging of lawns using gas powered mowers and trimmers
20. Perform trimming and pruning of various trees and vegetation using chain saws, gas trimmers and hand tools.
21. Apply approved pest deterrent as directed
22. Member of the on-call snow team; snow removal at designated public buildings
23. Assist in our composting program utilizing both plant and animal waste
24. Perform routine clean-up of landscaped areas, the landscape yard, nursery and greenhouse
25. Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
1. Minimum 3 years' experience in landscaping and/ or gardening
2. Previous experience in a leadership and/ or supervisory role; required
3. Experience operating landscape equipment and tractors
4. A positive attitude and ability to adapt to challenging situations
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Experience maintaining garden tools, power tools and equipment
7. General basic computer skills required; email, calendar & internet applications
8. Master Gardener Certificate, or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire
9. Sensitivity to environmental stewardship and industry best practices
10. Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' positions on issues
1. Must be able to routinely lift and carry 80 pounds.
2. Must be able to work outdoors for prolonged periods in all weather conditions with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees.
3. Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity daily, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
4. Must have a valid driver's license with a 3-year clean driving record
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.