Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
Job: : Landscape Maintenance Manager, Verdego LLC, st augustine, FL
: Landscape Maintenance Manager
st augustine, FL 32086 United States
2400 us hwy 1
Assists the General Manager with maintaining a landscape maintenance portfolio of approximately $500,000 to 1M including knowledge and operation on the following: mowing, line trimming, edging, blowing, weeding, irrigation repair, disease and insect identification, weed control, plant identification and tree identification.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Lead, organize, manage, and supervise all landscape maintenance related tasks for VerdeGo in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Oversees assigned equipment inventory and tracking for assigned crews.
• Oversee 5 to 30 landscape maintenance employees.
• Ensures that preventative equipment maintenance procedures are carried out on a scheduled basis and completes maintenance records for the equipment.
• Serve as a liaison between customer and landscape maintenance crews, ensuring work orders and tasks, are completed adhering to VerdeGo landscape maintenance standards and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Regularly complete and track work orders from our online work order system.
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection process of new employees.
• Oversees a written performance evaluation process that uses the processes created by the VerdeGo HR department.
• Develops and supervises work and vacation schedules for all maintenance employees; including weekly accountability for payroll administration.
• Monitor and approve ALL, time records for maintenance employees.
• Establish and implement a program of safety and accident prevention for all employees, including safe and proper use of equipment, vehicles and materials, identification and prevention of hazards.
• Conducts regular training with landscape maintenance staff on the implementation of efficient and effective production techniques.
• Provide a positive culture for staff development that promotes cleanliness, professional appearances, efficiency, effective procedures, communication skills, work attitudes, and work ethics.
• Establish and maintain systems for financial cost comparisons on projects with accounting procedures for the repair and maintenance of infrastructure in accordance with our operation.
• Analyze all accidents and regularly search for patterns in injury reports to order and establish corrective procedures through our safety program.
• Conduct regular inspections on client properties to ensure we are delivering a satisfying service.
• Attend required meetings as requested by General Manager or owner of the company.
• Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in landscape horticulture, landscape architecture, turfgrass management, botany, or related field.
• Have at least 5 years in landscape maintenance operations and or property management, with a minimum of three years in a supervisory capacity.
• Demonstrate knowledge of construction, landscape, safety regulations, financial and management practices, purchasing, supervision and motivation of personnel, and state and local regulations regarding the maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
• Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Have excellent leadership and organizational skills and ability to motivate people.
• Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
• Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with property owners, contractors, and VerdeGo management.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
• Demonstrate the ability to use computers with strong proficiency in Microsoft applications for word processing, data management, and financial tracking.
• Required evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and passed as a requirement by VerdeGo and pass a subsequent drug screen.
• Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
• Possibly required to work in or operate various pieces of equipment in inclement weather such as: rain, snow, fog, or varying conditions of hot or cold temperatures.
• This is a full time salaried position that will require occasional holiday and weekend work.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.