Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Landscape Re Design Manager
st augustine, FL 32086 United States
2400 us hwy 1
Job Title: Landscape Re-Design Manager
Reports to: Owner-Project Manager-General Manager
Assists the St. Augustine General Manager with selling, overseeing, and coordinating re-design installations efforts in St. Johns County/Duval County. Candidates should have a strong sales and installation background. Familiarity with sourcing plant material, coordinating vendor deliveries, and dealing with an internal purchase order process are desired qualifications for the position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Lead, organize, manage, and supervise all landscape re-design efforts and related tasks for VerdeGo in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Oversees assigned equipment inventory and tracking for assigned crews.
• Oversee 5 to 10 landscape installation employees.
• Prepares illustrative concept images, schematic design plans and construction documents, including: grading plan, layout plan, paving plan, planting plan, maintenance plan, lighting plan, drainage plan, construction details plan and specifications
• Ensures that preventative equipment maintenance procedures are carried out on a scheduled basis and completes maintenance records for the equipment.
• Serve as a liaison between customer and landscape installation crews, ensuring work orders and tasks, are completed adhering to VerdeGo landscape installation standards and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for the recruitment and selection process of new employees.
• Oversees a written performance evaluation process that uses the processes created by the VerdeGo HR department.
• Assesses locally available and locally sourced materials for landscape projects, including native plant species and hardscape materials
• Develops and supervises work and vacation schedules for assigned installation employees; including weekly accountability for payroll administration.
• Monitor and approve ALL, time records for assigned install employees.
• Establish and implement a program of safety and accident prevention for all employees, including safe and proper use of equipment, vehicles and materials, identification and prevention of hazards.
• Conducts regular training with landscape installation staff on the implementation of efficient and effective production techniques.
• Provide a positive culture for staff development that promotes cleanliness, professional appearances, efficiency, effective procedures, communication skills, work attitudes, and work ethics.
• Establish and maintain systems for financial cost comparisons on projects with accounting procedures for the repair and maintenance of infrastructure in accordance with our operation.
• Solicits new business in residential and commercial re-design and maintenance.
• Attends required meetings as requested by Owner, Project Manager, or General Manager of the company.
• Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in landscape horticulture, landscape architecture, turfgrass management, botany, or related field.
• Have at least 5 years in landscape operations and or property management, with a minimum of three years in a supervisory capacity.
• Proficiency in GIS, AutoCAD, Land FX, Adobe Suite, Nitro PDF, Sketch Up and Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Office, Photo Shop,
• Displays a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced/high energy environment
• Excellent internal and external communication skills.
• Demonstrates knowledge of construction, landscape, safety regulations, financial and management practices, purchasing, supervision and motivation of personnel, and state and local regulations regarding the maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
• Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Have excellent leadership and organizational skills and ability to motivate people.
• Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
• Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with property owners, contractors, and VerdeGo management.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
• Demonstrate the ability to use computers with strong proficiency in Microsoft applications for word processing, data management, and financial tracking.
• Required evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and passed as a requirement by VerdeGo and pass a subsequent drug screen.
• Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
• Possibly required to work in or operate various pieces of equipment in inclement weather such as: rain, snow, fog, or varying conditions of hot or cold temperatures.
• This is a full time salaried position that will require occasional holiday and weekend work.
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.