Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
Job: Project Landscape Architect, McDugald Steele, Houston, TX
Project Landscape Architect
Houston, TX 77022 United States
There are two levels of Project Landscape Architects based on the years experience at MSN and capabilities as a designer. Roles and responsibilities are very similar with the exception that the PLA IV shall have oversight over all design aesthetics of all projects in the office. Otherwise the PLA shall be responsible for the design aesthetic of the project and develop the conceptual master plan along with the Design Drawings and Preliminary Estimate. They work closely with the Project Manager while a project is in the design phase.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaison to the client to make sure they have captured the needs and desires of the client and have fully described the design direction to the client and oversight of the design aesthetic through the Project Life Cycle.
• Responsible for maintaining the project, quality, aesthetic, functionality and overall design scope.
• Oversees and/or produces schematic designs, illustrations & inspirational images.
• Reviews the project scope, design direction, updates and schedule with Project Manager.
• Oversees or produces design documentation, specifications & details.
• Prepares preliminary estimate.
• Collects & presents material samples to client. Visits with client at plant nursery.
• Collects pricing for specialty items.
• Establishes, coordinates & submits plans for review by regulatory agencies.
• Maintains and manages extent of design within the defined scope & established budget & scheduled.
• Review, approve and coordinate with P.M. all contracted design invoicing on project they are associated with.
• Provide all design drawings needed for estimation and bidding; review and respond to all design related RFI’s and oversight of design intent through the build phase.
• During the build phase, will provide on-sight review as requested by the P.M.
• Shall have designs reviewed by a PLA-IV (PLA-III only)
• Reports to Design Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in landscape architecture and 8+ years of experience at MSN (PLA-IV)
• Bachelors degree in landscape architecture and combined 8+ years experience at MSN &/or another landscape architecture company.
• Licensed Landscape Architect in the state of Texas.
• Ability to direct & produce all facets of the design.
• Good understanding of regional plant materials.
• Good communication skills.
• Highly evolved sense of design aesthetics.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.