Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Sr. Greenhouse/Research Technician
Kent, OH 44240 United States
Smithers-Oasis Company, with its Corporate headquarters and U.S. division located in Kent, OH, is a global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of floral foam products, propagation accessories, engineered growing media and post harvest products has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Greenhouse/Research professional to join its Corporate research team.
Overall position responsibilities include assisting in conducting research on OASIS® Grower Solutions products. Additionally, this role will support and maintain customer relationships through the sharing of data and information on experiments and field trials with the sales team. Face to face customer interaction is required so that value added market solutions can be created.
Other essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Coordinates with manager and/or research to ascertain the type and number of plants to propagate and allocates appropriate space in our new state-of-the-art greenhouse
• Determines where plants are to be located, considering such factors as lighting, temperature, humidity and space requirements; may adjust ventilation, cooler and heat settings
• Prepares plants for propagation from vegetative cuttings and seeds
• Conducts Soil testing – pH, EC, SSS, and physical properties
• Sets-up greenhouse experiments; evaluate and create documentation
• Waters, applies fertilizer to maintain healthy plant growth
• Maintains proper notebook - recording necessary data and outcomes
• Assures greenhouse and other work areas are organized and clean
• Develops a working relationship with customers offering technical support based on their needs
Those interested in this opportunity should have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or Environmental Sciences and possess 1-2 years experience in greenhouse, hydroponic industry or research greenhouse. Additionally, the right candidate should:
• Possess excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Have ambition, a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Be a self-starter with problem solving skills
• Be a career oriented individual searching for an opportunity with a growing company!
Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Education, training, experience:
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.