Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
GARDEN CENTER RETAIL MANAGER
Canton, OH 44721 United States
Base Salary of 45K plus bonus
Benefits package with medical and 401K
Rice’s Nursery & Landscaping Inc. has been in business for 70 plus years and we are in need for a retail Garden Center Manager. You will be in charge of our nursery/garden center and areas related to this department. The job will be very customer focused with all the duties required to oversee and maintain a garden center and related departments. This will include soils, mulches, chemicals, herbicides, insecticides, tools and outdoor living items. Knowledge of plants, shrubs and flowers is a must. This includes knowledge of growing conditions, soils, insects, disease and other topics related to this area of expertise. Degree and/or experience in these fields a must. Our management team handles all of the duties that our regular team members are responsible for including customer service, cashiering, answering phone calls, watering plants, unloading and properly documenting plant and product shipments, loading customer cars, creating product displays and etc..
• Daily care and maintenance of the garden center – includes purchasing, displaying, care and selling of items
• Exceptional customer service
• Able to grow sales in all assigned areas
• Good communication skills with management, customers and employees
• Merchandising products and creating displays
• Setting up seminars and events
• Able to grow a team spirit and work in a team environment
• Be involved with or able to communicate with local organizations related to these departments
• Budgeting, inventory and yearly event planning
Education, training, experience:
• Degree in Horticultural preferred. A combination of training and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Horticultural background preferred
• Previous retail sales management experience preferred
• Knowledge of plant supply products preferred
• Strong relationship/sales abilities
• PC Skill Proficiency
• Effective communication, organizational, multi-tasking and analytical skills
• Team player, great attitude, flexible, customer oriented and driven to be successful - personally and professionally
• Ability to work extended hours during busy season
• Valid Driver’s License – Satisfactory Driving Record
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to pass drug screen and background check
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.