Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Assistant Professor - Soil Fertility/Biology and Plant Nutrition
Hood River, OR 97031 United States
To review full posting and apply, please go to http://oregonstate.edu/jobs, posting #0003672
Assistant Professor - Soil Fertility/Biology and Plant Nutrition: Oregon State University’s Mid-Columbia Agricultural Research and Extension Center announces the availability of a 1.0 FTE 12-month position in which .75 FTE is tenure track and .25 FTE is supported by commodity commission funds for 5 years which is based on a satisfactory annual performance appraisal. Requires a Ph.D. in soil science, environmental science, or a related discipline. We are seeking an exceptional candidate that will develop a world-class comprehensive research program in soil fertility and quality, plant nutrition, and nutrient and water management for pears and sweet cherries grown in the Mid-Columbia Region of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Position located in Hood River, OR. To review full posting and apply, go to http://oregonstate.edu/jobs. Posting #0003672. Closing date July 6, 2009. OSU is an AA/EOE.
Education, training, experience:
1. Ph.D. in Soil Science, Environmental Science, or a related discipline.
2. Demonstrated ability to contribute to scholarly activity (publish refereed articles in leading journals and industry magazines) in the soil science profession.
3. Demonstrated ability to build teams and to plan, organize, evaluate, manage, and delegate details associated with individual and team programs.
4. Demonstrated ability to organize and deliver effective educational programs for diverse audiences.
5. Demonstrated ability to write grants that lead to outside funding for research program.
6. Excellent written and verbal skills.
7. A valid driver's license.
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.