Sales, Marketing & PR
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Farm Market and CSA Staff
Hampton Falls, NH 03844 United States
Starting in mid-May and running through end-October, these are full-time seasonal positions. Compensation will be extremely competitive and commensurate with applicant’s previous experience.
Fruit & Vegetable
Sales, Marketing & PR
About Our Farm: Applecrest is a 100+ acre diversified fruit and veggie farm located in Hampton Falls, NH. In addition to an on-site retail farm stand, the farm operates a one-hundred member Community Supported Agriculture (C.S.A.) program, attends seven local farmers markets every week of the growing season and is a strong supplier to local restaurants, groceries and schools. As a sustainable producer of over two-hundred unique varieties of tree fruits, berries, vegetables, flowers and herbs, Applecrest is a cornerstone of the seacoast-area food shed.
General Description: Our farm is looking for motivated and out-going folks with a passion for agriculture and food to represent Applecrest both at our home farm C.S.A. and at numerous Seacoast Area outdoor farmers markets. Starting in mid-May and running through end-October, these are full-time seasonal retail positions. Beyond helping to share with the community our farm’s pride and passion in what we grow, the work involves a unique combination of produce handling and sales, savvy farm marketing and good ol’ fashioned face-to-face customer service.
The ideal candidate is an energetic people person with a cheery outlook and strong attention to detail. He or she should thrive on customer interaction, be of vigorous good health and have the capability and willingness to develop a strong knowledge of the farm, its growing practices and its products.
Education, training, experience:
• Schedule and availability are critical. Candidates must be suited to early-rising and available to work at least one Saturday or Sunday, plus a minimum of three weekdays every week for the duration of the season.
Up to four team members will staff the following schedule:
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 12:30p to 7.30p
Saturday & Sunday: 4:30a to 3:00p
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 11:00a to 7:00p
Friday: 6:00a to 3:00p
• Market and C.S.A. work involves a lot of packing, loading, unloading, setting-up and then breaking down all manner of items, many of them heavy. To boot, the majority of the work takes place out of doors, often in heat, cold, wind and/or rain. Candidates MUST be of a hearty nature, in excellent physical health and able to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly.
All applicants must also:
• Be well organized, efficient and able to independently.
• Possess a positive, diligent work ethic.
• Love working outdoors.
• Be friendly, outgoing, and knowledgeable.
• Present a professional, clean, warm and approachable appearance.
• Have excellent communication skills.
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.