Jobs In Horticulture, Inc
Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Climber (Experienced) - Hamden, CT
Hamden, CT 06514 United States
• Medical, dental, and life insurance coverage
• 401(k) retirement program
• Employee stock ownership program
• Paid holidays, vacation, and personal days
• Company savings program
• Great employee discounts on tree work
• Company wide advancement opportunities
The Care of Trees® (www.thecareoftrees.com) is an award-winning business that provides total tree care for residential, commercial, institutional and municipal properties. One of the largest and fastest-growing employee-owned arboriculture firms in the nation; it has more than 350 employees and serves more than 60,000 clients. The Care of Trees proudly serves the greater metropolitan areas of Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. It is the exclusive tree care company for the American Horticultural Society.
The Care of Trees is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The individual must have the ability to apply standard tree pruning, shrub techniques and aerial lift on most trees with minimal or no supervision. Individual will be expected to learn required advanced techniques to prune trees over obstacles and in higher-risk situations as they progress through different climber levels I, II and III. Daily works in trees to perform all general tree care (i.e., removals, pruning, cabling & bracing, lightning protection). Having full knowledge of how all tree work equipment is used to complete work in the safest way possible (e.g., chain saws, pole and hand saws, chippers, pole pruners, saddles, ropes, carabineers). Effectively participates in all job site safety briefings. Always being aware of all hazards and ensuring the work area beneath and around the trees is clear and properly marked with cones, signs, etc., to keep the area safe from potential falling debris. Able to maintain all climbing gear and tree care equipment in safe, working order to ensure safe, efficient and high quality tree work. The climber will also assist the ground crew with all jobs including removing debris, chip brush, and clean up of the site up after each job. You can advance to different levels depending on your performance which include; Apprentice, I, II, and III.
• Complete proficiency in the groundsperson duties
• Must have basic climbing experience and skills
• Must have proficient knowledge of knots, rigging and all climbing gear
• Ability to possess or become electrical hazard certified
• Must be a team player and communicate effectively at all times
• Must be able to follow directions easily and complete the requests of the crew foreman
• Follow and abide by all safety rules and policies of The Care of Trees
• Ability to complete production work in a timely fashion
• Must be courteous and friendly if approached by property owners
Jobs In Horticulture, Inc.
P.O. Box 521731, Longwood, FL 32752-1731
Terms & Conditions
© 2010 Jobs in Horticulture, Inc.